HOW DO I?
10:00 AM2019 Birth and Baby Fair
Recall of Sprouts frozen spinach because of possible health risk
Sprouts Farmers Market has issued a recall Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach 16oz bags, manufactured by National Frozen Foods of Oregon, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership: Empowering Patients and Providers to Improve Health Outcomes
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership, an initiative of CRLA and the Health Department, addresses social determinants of health--like pesticide exposure, substandard housing, and dangerous labor practices--to improve health outcomes for County clinic patients.
King Arthur Flour recalled due to possible health risk
6/13/2019 4:00:00 PM
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on June 05, 2018
Source Capacity Testing Requirements
All wells that are proposed to supply water for domestic use or to be connected to a water distribution system shall first undergo a continuous source-capacity (pumping) test to determine the yield of the well. If you wish to use this test for a water system, new home, or a planning project such as a subdivision, the test shall be witnessed by the Drinking Water Protection Services.
- Review the Source Capacity Testing Procedures
- Hire a qualified contractor to conduct a test. Click here for a list of contractors that have conducted source capacity tests in Monterey County
- Submit the completed application by mail or in person to the address below
- Conduct the test
- Submit a report of finding to the Drinking Water Protection Services
Drinking Water Protection Services-Well Program
1270 Natividad Rd
Salinas, CA 93906
Water Quality Testing Requirements
All new single connection domestic wells are required to have the following tests conducted (See water system requirements for new water system well testing requirements):
- Inorganic Chemical Analysis: Aluminum, antimony, arsenic, asbestos, barium, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, chromium VI, cyanide, fluoride, mercury, nickel, nitrate (NO3), nitrite, (NO2), perchlorate, selenium, and thallium. Asbestos and cyanide may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Secondary Standards: Total dissolved solids, specific conductance, chloride, sulfate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, manganese, carbonate, bicarbonate, hydroxide alkalinity, total hardness, MBAS, copper, zinc, silver, color, odor, turbidity, pH. MTBE and thiobencarb are also required, but may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Coliform Bacteria Analysis
Tests must be conducted by a California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program Certified Laboratory.