HOW DO I?
10:00 AMPostpartum Support Group
1:30 PMHearing to consider adoption of resolution to approve Amendment 8 to the Unified Franchise Agreement
6:00 PMPostpartum Support Group
Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn
Del Monte Foods Inc. announced a recall of 64,242 cases of FIESTA CORN Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers due to under-processing. These deviations were part of the commercial sterilization process and could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed. It is important to note that there have been no reports of illness associated with these products to date. No other production codes or products are affected by this recall.
12/14/2018 5:00:00 PM
Monterey County cannabis workshop to center around energy needs, issues
SALINAS – A Cannabis Industry Public Workshop scheduled for next week aims to focus on issues in providing energy to businesses.
12/14/2018 11:02:26 AM
Cannabis summit to offer local history, black market enforcement panels – Monterey Herald
MONTEREY — Cannabis’ past, present and future in Monterey County from Big Sur “Holy Weed” to NASA zero gravity horticulture practices will be covered by a number of local and statewide industry experts at this week’s Monterey Cannabis Summit hosted by the Monterey County Cannabis Industry Association.
12/14/2018 11:00:14 AM
Source Capacity Testing Requirements
All wells that are proposed to supply water for domestic use or to be connected to a water distribution system shall first undergo a continuous source-capacity (pumping) test to determine the yield of the well. If you wish to use this test for a water system, new home, or a planning project such as a subdivision, the test shall be witnessed by the Drinking Water Protection Services.
- Review the Source Capacity Testing Procedures
- Hire a qualified contractor to conduct a test. Click here for a list of contractors that have conducted source capacity tests in Monterey County
- Submit the completed application by mail or in person to the address below
- Conduct the test
- Submit a report of finding to the Drinking Water Protection Services
Drinking Water Protection Services-Well Program
1270 Natividad Rd
Salinas, CA 93906
Water Quality Testing Requirements
All new single connection domestic wells are required to have the following tests conducted (See water system requirements for new water system well testing requirements):
- Inorganic Chemical Analysis: Aluminum, antimony, arsenic, asbestos, barium, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, chromium VI, cyanide, fluoride, mercury, nickel, nitrate (NO3), nitrite, (NO2), perchlorate, selenium, and thallium. Asbestos and cyanide may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Secondary Standards: Total dissolved solids, specific conductance, chloride, sulfate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, manganese, carbonate, bicarbonate, hydroxide alkalinity, total hardness, MBAS, copper, zinc, silver, color, odor, turbidity, pH. MTBE and thiobencarb are also required, but may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Coliform Bacteria Analysis
Tests must be conducted by a California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program Certified Laboratory.