Facebook logo 



Nationally Accredited for Providing Quality Health Services



Calendar Grid 034884

August 2019

Aug 2019

Calendar Grid 034884
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31


  • Monterey County Animal Services seeks information on injured husky in North County

    On August 3rd, Monterey County Sheriff's Department responded to a call of an injured dog in a culvert in unincorporated Salinas. The dog, a male husky mix about 1 year old, appeared to be attached to a chain. Later it was discoverd a carabiner type clip was actually clipped through the dog's skin.

    8/14/2019 1:55:12 PM

  • Danger: Don’t Drink Miracle Mineral Solution or Similar Products

    If you’re drinking “Miracle” or “Master” Mineral Solution or other sodium chlorite products, stop now. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received many reports that these products, sold online as “treatments,” have made consumers sick.


  • Is your family up-to-date on vaccines?

    August is National Immunization Awareness Month Time to highlight the importance of getting recommended vaccines throughout your life. You have the power to protect yourself and your family against serious diseases like whooping cough, cancers caused by HPV, and pneumonia with vaccines.



Cannabis Related Operations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Published on November 22, 2017. Last modified on May 22, 2019

You Tube
You Tube
You Tube
Website Feedback

cannabis-related operations on your property

In order to conduct cannabis-related operations on your property, it is necessary to obtain a series of permits and licenses. Please review the RMA-Planning Department’s website to learn more. The Environmental Health Bureau is tasked with reviewing discretionary permit applications, cannabis business permit applications and construction permit applications for compliance with a multitude of regulations and standards.

EHB has prepared a general list of information that will be considered during review of the aforementioned applications, which you can find here: EHB Oversight of Cannabis Operations

In general, cannabis operations are proposed in areas that have long been associated with agriculture uses. Subsequently, groundwater extracted from onsite wells often exceeds the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for nitrate. A water system is required to incorporate treatment when any primary drinking water standard(s) exceeds the MCL, including nitrate. Centralized treatment (installed at the source, prior to distribution to the water system connections) is mandatory for new water systems. However, the high costs of installing and operating a treatment system, as well as treatment system wastewater management and disposal, can make it difficult for water system applicants to demonstrate that necessary Technical, Managerial and Financial (TMF) capacity is available to support the system if nitrate contamination is an issue. Please visit the EHB’s Public Water System website to learn more about requirements for new public water systems and our effort to encourage consolidation of individual water systems to serve a regional area.

Guide for Cannabis Operations: Water Systems Requirements for a Complete Status