HOW DO I?
Information on COVID-19 and resources
Get the latest local information on COVID-19 response.
State Health and Emergency Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 FACTS - April 7, 2020
The California Department of Public Health today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19. California has 15,865 confirmed cases.
Landfill Operators Request Greater Discretion for Essential Use
Monterey Regional Waste Management District (MRWMD) and Salinas Valley Recycles (SVR) are maintaining their facilities to provide essential services needed within the community, including sanitary disposal and waste diversion for curbside service providers, and self-haulers that provide essential se
Published on February 08, 2019. Last modified on March 25, 2020
Environmental Health Now Offers Online Payment Options!
Environmental Health now offers the convenience of online payments! There are several options available to pay your Environmental Health Bureau service invoice:
- Online Payment
(Some Mobile devices are not supported) (The higher of a 2.25% or $1.95 fee will be assessed for online credit card payments)
- Pay by Phone and speak to a live attendant- (831) -755-4505
- Mail Your Payment - 1270 Natividad Road. Salinas, CA 93906
- Pay in Person or Drop-off a Payment - Click here for locations.
To pay your invoice online, please click on the link below and follow the instructions. You will need the FA and Account Number to look up your invoice. Once you have confirmed the invoice, you can make a payment using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. Payments by credit card are assessed a 3% convenience fee. This fee is assessed by our credit card vendor, not the County of Monterey.
A reminder regarding Monterey County Environmental Health Operating Permits:
- Health Permits in the County of Monterey are issued by the Environmental Health Bureau.
- Health Permits are required per Monterey County Code Chapter 10.04
- There are many businesses that require health permits. These include restaurants, markets, public swimming pools, gas stations, employee housing, water systems, cannabis operations and many others.
- Health Permits represent that the business has met health requirements and is routinely inspected.
- Monterey County Environmental Health permits are renewed annually.
- To remain compliant with Cal code Section 114387, food facility health permit fees must be paid before July 1st of each year.
- Any food facility business that has unpaid health permit fees is subject to closure for operating without a valid health permit, a violation of California Code Section 114387.
- Other health permitted businesses that have unpaid health permit fees may also be subjected to a permit revocation and suspension per Monterey County Code Section 10.04.110. Other processes may include a referral to a collections agency and/or the administrative remedy process detailed in Monterey County Code Chapter 1.20.
- Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Monterey County Board Ordinance Resolution No. 00-007 prohibits the waiver and/or discounting of fees.
For further information regarding Monterey County Environmental Health Permits and Fees, please contact (831) 755-4505 or visit our website at www.mtyhd.org/EH.