HOW DO I?
8:30 AMStuff the Bus Volunteer Day
Beach Closure: Sewage Spill MacAbee Beach
Macabee Beach in Monterey has been closed due to a sewage spill. The beach will remain closed until samples indicate the water is again safe for contact according to state guidelines.
Monterey County will receive settlement funds from a landmark suit over lead-based paint.
Monterey County joined other California cities and counties in a successful suit over lead-based paint. Settlement funds will be used for abatement and health programs.
California Secretary of State Alex Padilla Statement on Trump Administration Decision to Print 2020 Census Without Citizenship Question
Published on February 22, 2017. Last modified on June 27, 2017
Support for local businesses
The Central Coast Recycling Market Development Zone (CCRMDZ) program can provide attractive, low interest rate loans, technical assistance and free product marketing to businesses located in the Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and San Luis Obispo Cities and Counties that use materials from the waste stream to manufacture their products. For additional information, contact us at (831) 755-4505.
Latest Program Updates
Latest Program News...
- On January 2, 2017, the Department authorized staff to initiate a new Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Designation Cycle in 2017 to add new RMDZs.
- The next Zone Works training workshop is scheduled for June 21-22, 2017 in Sacramento. For information contact Frank Severson.
- The RMDZ CEQA Tool Kit is a series of web pages designed to guide a potential or existing zone through the CEQA process.
- Loan Interest Rate: 4.0 percent.
- Available Loan Funds: $6,945,000 as of January 25, 2017.