HOW DO I?
Monterey County Declares Hepatitis A Outbreak Among Homeless Population
Since early 2017, the San Diego and Santa Cruz County Health Departments have been investigating local hepatitis A outbreaks among individuals who are homeless or use illicit drugs. Unfortunately, disease levels in Monterey County have now reached outbreak levels. Since October 2017, hepatitis A has been diagnosed in 9 individuals with a history of homeless in Monterey County. These individuals did not travel outside of Monterey County so are assumed to have become ill due to transmission within the homeless and illegal drug use communities in Monterey County.
2/5/2018 4:46:00 PM
UPDATE: Request for information about illegal hazardous waste dump
Since the initial reporting of the illegally disposed hazardous waste barrels on January 17th, 2018, the Monterey County Health Department has identified four disposal locations within the county. 58 barrels have been found.Thanks to calls we received from the public, we are aware that there may be as many as 70 barrels total disposed.
1/19/2018 3:07:00 PM
Baby its Cold Outside - Stay warm safely
The National Weather Service’s forecast for freezing temperatures leaves residents vulnerable to cold. The Monterey County Health Department would like to remind everyone to keep warm safely.
2/20/2018 11:05:00 AM
Support for local businesses
The Central Coast Recycling Market Development Zone (CCRMDZ) program can provide attractive, low interest rate loans, technical assistance and free product marketing to businesses located in the Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and San Luis Obispo Cities and Counties that use materials from the waste stream to manufacture their products. For additional information, contact us at (831) 755-4505.
Latest Program Updates
Latest Program News...
- On January 2, 2017, the Department authorized staff to initiate a new Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Designation Cycle in 2017 to add new RMDZs.
- The next Zone Works training workshop is scheduled for June 21-22, 2017 in Sacramento. For information contact Frank Severson.
- The RMDZ CEQA Tool Kit is a series of web pages designed to guide a potential or existing zone through the CEQA process.
- Loan Interest Rate: 4.0 percent.
- Available Loan Funds: $6,945,000 as of January 25, 2017.