HOW DO I?
11:00 AMCommunity Flu Clinic
2:00 AMDaylight Saving Time Ends
10:00 AMChinatown Block Party
Family and Food Safety First this Thanksgiving
Eating healthy this Thanksgiving begins with basic home food safety practices that are known to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. The Monterey County Health Department is reminding all cooks entering the kitchen this season to follow the Fight BAC!® basics of home food safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill.
11/16/2017 5:35:00 PM
Sixth Annual Adelante Con Orgullo Mujer Inmigrante (ACOMI) Conference
The sixth annual Adelante Con Orgullo Mujer Inmigrante (ACOMI) women’s health conference is being held Saturday, December 2nd from 9 am to 4 pm at Hartnell College. This free conference is specifically for Spanish-speaking immigrant women.
11/16/2017 3:46:59 PM
Safe Travels Via Salinas Grant to benefit 65+ population and Elementary Schools in Salinas
The Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has been awarded $130,000 as part of a Safe Travels Via Salinas grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety. This grant will bring pedestrian safety education to the 65+ population and bike education to schools in Salinas. The yearlong grant start date was on November 13, 2017 and will benefit three elementary schools in East Salinas – Bardin Elementary, Cesar E. Chavez, and Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary.
11/15/2017 3:54:00 PM
Support for local businesses
The Central Coast Recycling Market Development Zone (CCRMDZ) program can provide attractive, low interest rate loans, technical assistance and free product marketing to businesses located in the Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and San Luis Obispo Cities and Counties that use materials from the waste stream to manufacture their products. For additional information, contact us at (831) 755-4505.
Latest Program Updates
Latest Program News...
- On January 2, 2017, the Department authorized staff to initiate a new Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Designation Cycle in 2017 to add new RMDZs.
- The next Zone Works training workshop is scheduled for June 21-22, 2017 in Sacramento. For information contact Frank Severson.
- The RMDZ CEQA Tool Kit is a series of web pages designed to guide a potential or existing zone through the CEQA process.
- Loan Interest Rate: 4.0 percent.
- Available Loan Funds: $6,945,000 as of January 25, 2017.