HOW DO I?
Monterey County Animal Services seeks information on injured husky in North County
On August 3rd, Monterey County Sheriff's Department responded to a call of an injured dog in a culvert in unincorporated Salinas. The dog, a male husky mix about 1 year old, appeared to be attached to a chain. Later it was discoverd a carabiner type clip was actually clipped through the dog's skin.
8/14/2019 1:55:12 PM
Danger: Don’t Drink Miracle Mineral Solution or Similar Products
If you’re drinking “Miracle” or “Master” Mineral Solution or other sodium chlorite products, stop now. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received many reports that these products, sold online as “treatments,” have made consumers sick.
Is your family up-to-date on vaccines?
August is National Immunization Awareness Month Time to highlight the importance of getting recommended vaccines throughout your life. You have the power to protect yourself and your family against serious diseases like whooping cough, cancers caused by HPV, and pneumonia with vaccines.
Published on February 21, 2017. Last modified on October 20, 2017
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan