HOW DO I?
10:00 AMMonterey County Collaborates
9:00 AMCiclovia Salinas
UPDATED Monterey County EMS Listening Sessions
The Monterey County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency will be hosting a series of five community-based listening sessions designed to help the County assess the effectiveness of our EMS system. The sessions will be open to residents and community partners and will be structured to encourage feedback and ideas around how to improve our EMS system.
9/20/2017 2:26:00 PM
Recent Cannabis Raid a Reminder that Unpermitted Growing Operations are Illegal
A recent multi-agency raid on multiple illegal cannabis growing operations in south Monterey County is a reminder that there are restrictions on cultivating cannabis in Monterey County. Engaging in cannabis-related activity in violation of County laws is subject to law enforcement action.
10/16/2017 9:43:00 AM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board Meeting
The Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board meeting will be held on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm. The meeting will take place at the Monterey County Animal Services Center, 160 Hitchcock Street in Salinas.
10/16/2017 9:43:00 AM
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan