HOW DO I?
8:00 AMAromas Clean Up Day
10:00 AMBeach Clean-up at Sand City
Building Connection Through Open Converstations
Deeper connections are something we can help create for both Deeper connections are something we can help create for both ourselves and others. Start close to home (or better yet, at home) by learning how to be a better listener and practicing the skill regularly.
FDA Advises Consumers, Tattoo Artists, and Retailers to Avoid Using or Selling Certain Tattoo Inks Contaminated with Microorganisms
The FDA is alerting consumers, tattoo artists, & retailers of the potential for serious injury from use of tattoo inks that are contaminated with bacteria. Tattoo inks contaminated with bacteria can cause infections & lead to serious health injuries when injected into the skin during a tattoo.
Shellfish Safety Notification: Sport-Harvested Bivalve Shellfish from Santa Cruz County
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is advising consumers not to eat sports-harvested mussels, clams or whole scallops from Santa Cruz County.
Published on February 21, 2017. Last modified on October 20, 2017
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan