HOW DO I?
2:00 PMStop the Bleed
Illegal indoor cannabis operation shut down in Lompico
LOMPICO, Calif. — In a joint effort between the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office, and the Cannabis Licensing Office, a large-scale illegal cannabis grow operation was dismantled in Lompico.
1/17/2019 8:43:06 AM
Locals Rule: New Locals Only Season Ticket at Laguna Seca
Locals can now find out why Weather Tech Raceway Laguna Seca is a local treasure as well as one of the world’s most iconic tracks, and they can do it for a lot less thanks to the creation of a locals only Season Ticket.
1/15/2019 3:03:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board Meeting
The Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, January 17th from 3:30 to 5 pm at Monterey County Animal Services Center, 160 Hitchcock Rd in Salinas.
1/11/2019 3:58:00 PM
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan