HOW DO I?
King City Will Welcome South County's First Cannabis Dispensary
2/27/2020 4:25:42 PM
FORMER GREENFIELD SCHOOL TEACHER ENTERS PLEA OF NO CONTEST TO SEX WITH A MINOR
Monterey County District Attorney Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that Jerry Mares entered pleas of no contest to unlawful intercourse with a minor and unlawful sexual penetration with a minor.
2/26/2020 1:44:10 PM
SEASIDE WOMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO WELFARE FRAUD
Monterey County District Attorney Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that Erica Posadas, age 35, resident of Seaside, pled guilty to felony welfare fraud. The plea was taken by Monterey County Superior Court Judge Rafael Vazquez.
2/26/2020 1:42:31 PM
Published on February 21, 2017. Last modified on September 09, 2019
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan