HOW DO I?
8:30 AMSyphilis Update
California Lawmakers Say Pot Taxes Must be Cut to Help an Industry 'On the Brink'
SACRAMENTO — California lawmakers on Friday revived a proposal to temporarily cut taxes on marijuana to boost a legal market that one official said is “on the brink of collapse,” drawing encouragement from Gov. Gavin Newsom as he seeks to overhaul state pot regulators. Read more...>>
1/17/2020 3:42:36 PM
JURY CONVICTS INMATE OF POSSESSING MULTIPLE WEAPONS INSIDE SALINAS VALLEY STATE PRISON
Monterey County District Attorney Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that a Monterey County jury convicted David Player, 38, an inmate at the Salinas Valley State Prison, of two counts of possession of stabbing instruments while confined to the Salinas Valley State Prison.
1/17/2020 1:38:07 PM
ILLEGAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION RESULTS IN FELONY CONVICTION
Monterey County DA Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that Tom Hays Gries, age 44, was sentenced for a cannabis cultivation operation discovered at his property in May 2018. Gries received a three-year probation sentence and was ordered to serve 150 days in jail.
1/17/2020 1:35:33 PM
Published on February 21, 2017. Last modified on September 09, 2019
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan