HOW DO I?
8:00 AMTreatment Planning
8:00 AMKing City Fall Clean Up
10:00 AMPFAS and Protecting Your Health
9:00 AM5150 LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
New Labeling System for All State Cannabis Cultivation Licenses
In an effort to continue to provide open and meaningful communication to you, CalCannabis has an important update that will affect all state cultivation licenses.
10/31/2019 3:12:22 PM
California Cannabis Track-and-Trace/METRC System Workshops for Licensees
We invite you to join us at one of our upcoming California Cannabis Track-and-Trace (CCTT-METRC) System workshops for an advanced overview of the CCTT-METRC system being used statewide to record inventory and movement of cannabis and cannabis products throughout the commercial cannabis supply chain.
10/3/2019 8:55:03 AM
Family and Food Safety First this Thanksgiving
Eating healthy this Thanksgiving begins with basic home food safety practices that are known to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. The Monterey County Health Department is reminding all cooks entering the kitchen this season to follow the Fight BAC!® basics of home food safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill.
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on September 25, 2019
Disposal Voucher Program
Disposal Voucher Program
Voucher authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal operating hours. The voucher is valid for one load only.
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.Rules and Regulations
The rules below are excerpts from the Clean-up Coordinator Packet.
- Voucher(s) can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean-up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each voucher may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Voucher(s) expire 45 days after date of issue unless authorized by MCEHB.
- Voucher recipients are limited to 1-2 vouchers per clean-up site/event unless authorized by MCEHB.
- The use of disposal voucher(s) requested shall not be used as a garbage disposal service for cleaning out the garage, business, and/or homes.
- The use of this disposal voucher(s) requested is not for personal waste, personal household waste, hazardous waste, and/or business-generated waste.
- All voucher(s) recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective Solid Waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All voucher recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste haulers.
- Disposal voucher(s) are not redeemable by franchise waste haulers or other commercial haulers.
- Not more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of Hazardous Waste and/or Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) will be transported .
- All HHW needs to be separated from general waste and be delivered to a Household Hazardous Waste Facility:
- Monterey Peninsula Landfill’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility (Marina)
- Sun Street Transfer Station (Salinas)
- All Electronic Waste (computers, televisions, etc.) needs to be separated and be delivered to the electronic waste collection area of the disposal location.
- Not more than 9 tires will be transported per load unless authorized by MCEHB.
- All loads need to be tarped and secured for safe transport.
- Recipients of disposal voucher must redeem voucher(s) at scale house
- Recipient must adhere to covering/tarping requirements, hazardous waste transport requirements, and tire transport requirements.
- Recipient must complete the (green) box portion on the front side of the disposal voucher form including:
- Signature of person redeeming the disposal voucher verifying Legal Statement (on disposal voucher)
- Name of person redeeming the disposal voucher.
- Phone # of person redeeming the disposal voucher.
- Vehicle license plate number.
- Vehicle make, model, and year.
- # of mattress / box spring (if applicable)
- # of tires (if applicable)
- Recipient must surrender voucher to scale house attendant at time of redemption.
The Monterey County Health Department- Bureau of Environmental Health, the Monterey Regional Waste Management District, and/or the Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority reserve the right to refuse acceptance of this voucher at any time.