HOW DO I?
8:30 AMStuff the Bus Volunteer Day
Beach Closure: Sewage Spill MacAbee Beach
Macabee Beach in Monterey has been closed due to a sewage spill. The beach will remain closed until samples indicate the water is again safe for contact according to state guidelines.
Monterey County will receive settlement funds from a landmark suit over lead-based paint.
Monterey County joined other California cities and counties in a successful suit over lead-based paint. Settlement funds will be used for abatement and health programs.
California Secretary of State Alex Padilla Statement on Trump Administration Decision to Print 2020 Census Without Citizenship Question
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on March 05, 2019
Disposal Voucher Program
Disposal Voucher Program
Voucher authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal operating hours. The voucher is valid for one load only.
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.Rules and Regulations
The rules below are excerpts from the Clean-up Coordinator Packet.
- Voucher(s) can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean-up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each voucher may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Voucher(s) expire 45 days after date of issue unless authorized by MCEHB.
- Voucher recipients are limited to 1-2 vouchers per clean-up site/event unless authorized by MCEHB.
- The use of disposal voucher(s) requested shall not be used as a garbage disposal service for cleaning out the garage, business, and/or homes.
- The use of this disposal voucher(s) requested is not for personal waste, personal household waste, hazardous waste, and/or business-generated waste.
- All voucher(s) recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective Solid Waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All voucher recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste haulers.
- Disposal voucher(s) are not redeemable by franchise waste haulers or other commercial haulers.
- Not more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of Hazardous Waste and/or Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) will be transported .
- All HHW needs to be separated from general waste and be delivered to a Household Hazardous Waste Facility:
- Monterey Peninsula Landfill’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility (Marina)
- Sun Street Transfer Station (Salinas)
- All Electronic Waste (computers, televisions, etc.) needs to be separated and be delivered to the electronic waste collection area of the disposal location.
- Not more than 9 tires will be transported per load unless authorized by MCEHB.
- All loads need to be tarped and secured for safe transport.
- Recipients of disposal voucher must redeem voucher(s) at scale house
- Recipient must adhere to covering/tarping requirements, hazardous waste transport requirements, and tire transport requirements.
- Recipient must complete the (green) box portion on the front side of the disposal voucher form including:
- Signature of person redeeming the disposal voucher verifying Legal Statement (on disposal voucher)
- Name of person redeeming the disposal voucher.
- Phone # of person redeeming the disposal voucher.
- Vehicle license plate number.
- Vehicle make, model, and year.
- # of mattress / box spring (if applicable)
- # of tires (if applicable)
- Recipient must surrender voucher to scale house attendant at time of redemption.
The Monterey County Health Department- Bureau of Environmental Health, the Monterey Regional Waste Management District, and/or the Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority reserve the right to refuse acceptance of this voucher at any time.