HOW DO I?
8:00 AMChualar Community Clean-up
11:00 AMBike Month Kickoff Event
CANCELLED - EOC Administrative Subcommittee Meeting - May 9, 2018 at 1:30PM
4/30/2018 1:00:00 PM
Beach Advisory: Lovers Point
: Lovers Point Beach, Pacific Grove, has been posted with an advisory due to high indicator bacteria found in samples taken 5/23/2018. The beach will remain posted until samples indicate that indicator bacteria are at a safe level for recreational water contact according to state guidelines.
5/24/2018 3:15:00 PM
Monterey County Health Department receives National Accredtiation
Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has achieved national accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Monterey County Health Department is now one of 226 state and local health departments that have achieved accreditation through the national effort that launched in 2011. Only 11 of these are located in California.
5/23/2018 4:06:00 PM
ILLEGAL DUMPING IS EVERYONE’S PROBLEM
WHAT IS ILLEGAL DUMPING?
Illegal dumping is the disposal of solid waste (e.g. trash, rubbish, garbage) at a site other than a permitted disposal facility, such as a landfill or transfer station.
REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING
You can help do your part to keep to your streets, neighborhood, and our environment clean and beautiful by reporting illegal dumping. Report Illegal Dumping Here.
DISPOSE & DIVERT WASTE
Learn how to properly dispose of materials. Learn About Proper Disposal Here
DONATE - REUSE- RECYCLE
Many items can be reused or recycled. Donations or recycling are great methods to make use of items that are still considered usable instead of tossing it into the garbage. Learn more Here!
Volunteering Opportunities &
Think locally and get involved!
Learn More About Available Clean-up Events and Opportunities and Hosting Your Own Clean-up Events by clicking here!
A HEALTH CONCERN FOR THE COMMUNITY
Littering and the illegal dumping of garbage, hazardous waste, and commonly used materials are a reoccurring problem that presents serious environmental and public health concerns for the residents of Monterey County, CA.
- It is not only an eyesore;
- It is a possible fire hazard, and
- May contain dangerous hazardous materials and chemicals;
- It is contaminating our environmental, our water sources, and our crops;
- It threatens human health and safety by attracting and harboring disease transmitting vectors (mosquitoes, rats, and flies);
- It negatively impacts growers and public agencies that work to clean these sites; and
- It is a huge cost to all the taxpayers, Monterey County, and our partners to investigate the dump site and mitigate clean-up.
PENALTIES FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING OFFENDERSIllegal Dumping is a serious offense and is in violation of California Law and the Monterey County Code.
- Penalties for first offenses range from $250 – $1000 per offense.
- Penalties for repeat offenders may result in further fines and/or enforcement actions.