HOW DO I?
10:00 AM2019 Birth and Baby Fair
Recall of Sprouts frozen spinach because of possible health risk
Sprouts Farmers Market has issued a recall Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach 16oz bags, manufactured by National Frozen Foods of Oregon, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership: Empowering Patients and Providers to Improve Health Outcomes
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership, an initiative of CRLA and the Health Department, addresses social determinants of health--like pesticide exposure, substandard housing, and dangerous labor practices--to improve health outcomes for County clinic patients.
King Arthur Flour recalled due to possible health risk
6/13/2019 4:00:00 PM
Published on November 26, 2018. Last modified on January 31, 2019
Illegal Dumping and Litter Abatement Task force
WHAT IS IT?
The Illegal Dumping and Litter Abatement Task Force (IDALATF) is a working group with members from local city and county governments, solid waste haulers and landfill operators, law enforcement, business leaders in agriculture, members of the community, as well as private landowners and ranchers, whose only focus is to reduce illegal dumping in Monterey County.
Initially created by the County Administrative Office in May of 1996, and subsequently approved by the Board of Supervisors, the task force began as an ad hoc committee with a mission to reduce illegal dumping through public education and community clean-ups, enforcement of mandatory garbage requirements, and inter-agency cooperation.
Today, our mission is the same - reduce illegal dumping in Monterey County. The impact of illegal dumping to the community comes at a cost affecting public health and safety, land values, quality of life, environmental contamination, and food safety. We are committed to solving this problem.
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau is chair of the IDALATF and meetings are held monthly. The public is welcome to attend.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND/OR BECOME A MEMBER?
The efforts to mitigate illegal dumpsites and litter is a task that must be addressed through a unified effort of community, and state and local public agencies, by way of education, increased recycling, funding of clean-up activities, and action.
Everyone is welcome to attend the IDALATF meetings, discussing and taking part in a collaborate effort to mitigate illegal dumping. Your feedback is important to us!
Click on the links below to see what our members are doing
- Alisal Union School District
- Boys & Girls Club
- Boy Scouts of America
- Business (The Haute Enchilada)
- Carmel Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Monterey
- City of Salinas – Public Works
- City of Seaside – Public Works
- Clark Pest Control
- Community Members (Elkhorn Slough, Monterey, etc.)
- Crossroads Church
- Elkhorn Slough Foundation
- First Baptist Church - Salinas
- Fort Ord Reuse Authority
- MEarth (Carmel)
- Monterey County Environmental Health Bureau
- Monterey County Farm Bureau
- Monterey County Public Works
- Monterey Regional Waste Management District
- Presidio of Monterey – US Army Garrison Presidio of Monterey
- Pebble Beach Community Service District
- Republic Services
- Salinas Chamber of Commerce
- Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority (Salinas Valley Recycles)
- Save Our Shores
- Surfrider Foundation
- Tri-Cities Disposal & Recycling
- Walter Colton Middle School
- Waste Management
- US Department of Transportation
Past Meeting Information
Meeting Agenda - February 1st, 2018
Meeting Agenda - November 28, 2018
Monterey County Abandoned Solid Waste (ASW) Reports
Monterey County Public Works have helped cleaned-up illegally dumped material throughout Monterey County’s unincorporated areas. If you are curious on what has been picked-up on our streets, please see the ASW reports below:
- ASW Reports Calendar (Updated November 2018)
- Johnson Canyon Transfer Station (Gonzales) Monthly (Updated November 2018)
- Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) Monthly (Updated November 2018)
- Madison Lane Transfer Station (Salinas) Monthly (Updated November 2018)
Clean-up Event and Tabling Photographs
(Click on a photo to view all photos of that event on Facebook)
Tabling Information Packet
REPORTS, RESOLUTIONS, & MEMORANDUM
Visit Monterey County Environmental Health Facebook Page for information on:
- Illegal dumping news
- Recycling news, includes
- Upcoming free local events
- Recycling Event
- Neighborhood Clean-up
- Trash collection
- Tire Recycling News, and etc.
- Free Drug take back
- Beach advisory,
- and MORE!!!