HOW DO I?
11:00 AMCommunity Flu Clinic
2:00 AMDaylight Saving Time Ends
10:00 AMChinatown Block Party
Family and Food Safety First this Thanksgiving
Eating healthy this Thanksgiving begins with basic home food safety practices that are known to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. The Monterey County Health Department is reminding all cooks entering the kitchen this season to follow the Fight BAC!® basics of home food safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill.
11/16/2017 5:35:00 PM
Sixth Annual Adelante Con Orgullo Mujer Inmigrante (ACOMI) Conference
The sixth annual Adelante Con Orgullo Mujer Inmigrante (ACOMI) women’s health conference is being held Saturday, December 2nd from 9 am to 4 pm at Hartnell College. This free conference is specifically for Spanish-speaking immigrant women.
11/16/2017 3:46:59 PM
Safe Travels Via Salinas Grant to benefit 65+ population and Elementary Schools in Salinas
The Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has been awarded $130,000 as part of a Safe Travels Via Salinas grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety. This grant will bring pedestrian safety education to the 65+ population and bike education to schools in Salinas. The yearlong grant start date was on November 13, 2017 and will benefit three elementary schools in East Salinas – Bardin Elementary, Cesar E. Chavez, and Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary.
11/15/2017 3:54:00 PM
Disposal Coupon Program
Coupon authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal facility operating hours. The coupon is valid for one load only
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules and regulations below are excerpts from the Clean Up Coordinator packet for the Disposal Coupon Program.
- Coupons can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each coupon may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Coupons expire 15 days after date of issue.
- Coupon recipients are limited to a maximum of 2 coupons per clean up site/event.
- All coupon recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective solid waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All coupon recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste hauler.
- Areas served by the “Adopt-A-Highway” or “Adopt-A-Road” are not eligible for disposal coupon(s).
- Recipients of disposal coupons must redeem coupon(s) at scale houses
- Recipients must adhere to covering/tarping requirements.
- Recipients must complete the back side of the disposal coupon form including:
- Signature of authorized representative accepting provisions of legal statement
- Printed name of individual or organization
- Address of individual or organization
- Contact name of individual or organization
- Phone number, including area code, of contact
- Identification information, either driver’s license or other government issued, of contact
- License plate number of vehicle used to transport waste to disposal site
- Recipient must surrender coupon to scale house attendant at time of redemption