HOW DO I?
Environmental Health Bureau Accepting Payment Plans
5/26/2020 8:22:24 AM
State Cannabis Licensing Authorities Offer 60-Day License Fee Deferrals
5/14/2020 1:18:46 PM
COVID-19 Testing open to Public
COVID-19 diagnostic testing is available at no cost. Two locations, Salinas and Greenfield. Testing by appointment only.
5/11/2020 5:50:00 PM
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on February 19, 2020
Sharps & Medication Disposal
If you generate sharps waste at home such as needles and syringes or have a collection of unused or expired medicines here is how you can dispose of these items safely.
Prepare sharps waste for safe storage, handling, and safe disposal.
- Obtain a sharps container from your local pharmacy or household hazardous waste (HHW) location.
- Discard all used or exposed needles, syringes, and lancets in the sharps container.
- When the sharps container is 2/3 full, dispose the container at an approved disposal location.
How to prepare unwanted medicines for disposal at Take-Back locations:
- Remove pills from original containers and place in a clear zipper bag. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- If using original containers, remove or black-out all personal information to protect identity.
- Then take your unused medications including liquids or creams to an approved disposal location!
For more information contact 755-4505
California Department of Public Health
National Pharmaceutical Take-Back Events by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)