HOW DO I?
8:30 AMStuff the Bus Volunteer Day
Pet Tidbits: Summer Safety
Warm weather is here —it is time for fun, sun, and spending time outdoors with pets. But dangers lurk outside as well. Whether taking a walk, a drive or just hanging out in the backyard, there are extra precautions that people can take to keep their four-legged family members happy and safe.
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on April 04, 2017
Thinking of Adopting a Pet?
Before you do, ask yourself the following questions to make sure you’re ready for the commitment.
- Are you able to have pets at your current residence?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies?
- Do your current pets, if any, get along with other animals
- What happened to the last pet you had?
- How long do you expect to keep this pet?
- If you had to move, what would you do with this pet?
- When you go on vacation, what will you do with this pet?
Interested in Adopting a Cat?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the cat, realistically
- Where will the cat stay during the day?
- When will the cat go outside?
- Where will the cat be at night?
- How will your keep the cat from scratching furniture?
- How will your other cats adjust to a new addition to the family?
Interested in adopting a Dog?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the dog, realistically?
- Where will the dog stay during the day? Is someone home during the day?
- Where will the dog sleep at night?
- Where will the dog be in bad weather?
- If the dog is not house broken how will you train it?
- Do you know how to crate train?
- Do you plan to obedience train this dog?
- If this dog develops behavior problems (chewing, etc.), what measures would you take?
- If this puppy gets larger than expected, what would you do?
- How will your other dogs adjust to a new addition to the family?
We have many outstanding animals available for adoption. If you are looking for a new friend, please come visit us!
Total Adoption Prices – these are regular fees; check to see if any specials apply this month at your local shelter.
Dogs - $ 145
Admin. Adoption Fee
1-Year License (if applicable)
Cats- $ 80
Admin. Adoption Fee
For more information on any of these topics, please contact Animal Services staff at 831-769-8850When You Want To Adopt