HOW DO I?
Pet Tidbits: Summer Safety
Warm weather is here —it is time for fun, sun, and spending time outdoors with pets. But dangers lurk outside as well. Whether taking a walk, a drive or just hanging out in the backyard, there are extra precautions that people can take to keep their four-legged family members happy and safe.
Monterey County Health Officer Rescinds Short-Term Lodging Order
In light of release of new State guidance for Hotels, Lodging & Short-Term Rentals for tourism % individual travel & approval by the County Health Officer for short-term rentals to reopen following the new State guidance, the County Health Officer Short-Term Lodging Order is no longer necessary
6/11/2020 4:30:00 PM
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on June 18, 2020
Thinking of Adopting a Pet?
We want an adoption of shelter pet to be successful. So, before you make it final, we ask that you make sure you are ready for the commitment of a new pet.
- Are you able to have pets at your current residence?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies?
- Do your current pets, if any, get along with other animals
- What happened to the last pet you had?
- How long do you expect to keep this pet?
- If you had to move, what would you do with this pet?
- When you go on vacation, what will you do with this pet?
Interested in Adopting a Cat?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the cat, realistically?
- Where will the cat stay during the day?
- When will the cat go outside?
- Where will the cat be at night?
- Where will you place the litter box?
- How will your keep the cat from scratching furniture?
- How will your other cats adjust to a new addition to the family? Visa versa?
- Do you know the activity levels of cats, at all ages and how you can exercise them?
Interested in adopting a Dog?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the dog, realistically?
- Where will the dog stay during the day? Is someone home during the day?
- Where will the dog sleep at night?
- Where will the dog be in bad weather?
- If the dog is not house broken how will you train it?
- Do you know what crate training is and how to crate train a dog/puppy?
- What is your training/obedience plan for the dog?
- Do you know where to seek assistance should behavior issue arise?
- If this puppy gets larger than expected, what would you do?
- How will your other dogs adjust to a new addition to the family?
Some helpful links for pet care and ownership: