HOW DO I?
8:00 AMChualar Community Clean-up
11:00 AMBike Month Kickoff Event
Next Meeting - MARCH 22, 2018
The Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board's next meeting scheduled for:
Meetings are held at the Monterey County Animal Services Shelter, 166 Hitchcock Road Salinas, CA 93901.
Our Current Board members
- Nannette Newbury
- Basil Smith
- David Alexander
- Tom Bailey
- Mary Arnold
- Leslie McDaniel, M.D.
- Frank Kocher, D.V.M.
- Mike Richards
- Debra Long
- Chief County Heath Officer:
- Dr. Ed Moreno
- Ex Officio Members:
- Stephen Bernal
- Dean Flippo
- Eric Lauritzen
- Scott Delucchi
Board & Bylaws Information
Legislative Reference: Resolution No. 90-367, dated June 12, 1990; bylaws reorganized on April 30, 2002, Resolution No. 02-165.
Bylaws available for download: Here!
Membership:The Board consists of nine members. Each Supervisor appoints one member, and the Director of Health appoints four members. The membership should include representatives from the following professions:
- Veterinary profession
- Educational community
- Agricultural community
- Pet owner associations and clubs
- Kennel and pet shop operators and
- Concerned citizens
Ex-officio members shall include Representatives of:
- Chief Animal Control Officer
- District Attorney
- Agricultural Commissioner
- Monterey Superior Court
- SPCA of Monterey County
Terms: The terms of office of members are 3 years commencing on the first of July, with staggered terms, so that one-third of the members’ terms expire July 1 of each year.
Qualifications & Functions: The Advisory Board will review and analyze Title 8 of the Monterey County Code (Animal Control); review and evaluate the animal control program needs, services, facilities, and budget; advise and assist in public information and public relations activities of the County Animal Control Program; and report its findings and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors through the Director of Health.
Meeting Date, Time and Place: The Board shall establish a regular meeting date and time, which shall not be less than quarterly.
- Intake Outcome January 2017 vs January 2018
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2017 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2017 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2016 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2016 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2015 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2015 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2014 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2014 - Monterey County Jurisdiction only