HOW DO I?
Skunk in Corral de Tierra area tests positive for rabies
A skunk found on June 29th in the Corral de Tierra area of the County, off San Benancio, has tested positive for the rabies virus. Animal Services has investigated the incident and determined that while there was exposure to owned pets, there was no human exposure.
Pet Tidbits: Summer Safety
Warm weather is here —it is time for fun, sun, and spending time outdoors with pets. But dangers lurk outside as well. Whether taking a walk, a drive or just hanging out in the backyard, there are extra precautions that people can take to keep their four-legged family members happy and safe.
Monterey County Health Officer Rescinds Short-Term Lodging Order
In light of release of new State guidance for Hotels, Lodging & Short-Term Rentals for tourism % individual travel & approval by the County Health Officer for short-term rentals to reopen following the new State guidance, the County Health Officer Short-Term Lodging Order is no longer necessary
6/11/2020 4:30:00 PM
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on May 12, 2020
Effective July 14, 2015, Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249 requires permitting for Rooster Keeping Operations where 5 or more roosters are kept on any single property within the unincorporated areas of Monterey County.
The purpose of the Rooster Ordinance is to balance the legitimate interests of agricultural businesses and agricultural educational organizations with the prevention of rooster keeping that is unsanitary, environmentally damaging, inhumane, and conducive to illegal cockfighting.
- Rooster Keeping Operations Permit - $270.00 Each (2 hours, permit processing and inspection and document review)
- Re-inspection/Complaint Investigation - $135.00 hr/officer
- Rooster Keeping Operations Public Presentation
- Gallo Operaciones de Mantenimiento Presentación pública
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Exemption Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Flow Chart
- Gráfico Gallo Ordenanza Flujo Permiso
- Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249
- Public Information Meeting Presentation
- Rooster Ordinance FAQ's
- Gallo Ordenanza Preguntas Frecuetes
Applications and Forms
- Form 100 Rooster Keeping Permit Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 110 Rooster Keeping Permit Student/FFA/4H Exemption Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 120 Rooster Keeping Permit Exemption Application (English)(Spanish)
- Rooster Operation Site Map
- Sample Manure Management Plan
- Sample Pest Management Plan