HOW DO I?
8:30 AMStuff the Bus Volunteer Day
Pet Tidbits: Summer Safety
Warm weather is here —it is time for fun, sun, and spending time outdoors with pets. But dangers lurk outside as well. Whether taking a walk, a drive or just hanging out in the backyard, there are extra precautions that people can take to keep their four-legged family members happy and safe.
Published on November 15, 2016. Last modified on August 13, 2018
Effective July 14, 2015, Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249 requires permitting for Rooster Keeping Operations where 5 or more roosters are kept on any single property within the unincorporated areas of Monterey County.
The purpose of the Rooster Ordinance is to balance the legitimate interests of agricultural businesses and agricultural educational organizations with the prevention of rooster keeping that is unsanitary, environmentally damaging, inhumane, and conducive to illegal cockfighting.
- Rooster Keeping Operations Permit - $270.00 Each (2 hours, permit processing and inspection and document review)
- Re-inspection/Complaint Investigation - $135.00 hr/officer
- Rooster Keeping Operations Public Presentation
- Gallo Operaciones de Mantenimiento Presentación pública
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Exemption Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Flow Chart
- Gráfico Gallo Ordenanza Flujo Permiso
- Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249
- Public Information Meeting Presentation
- Rooster Ordinance FAQ's
- Gallo Ordenanza Preguntas Frecuetes
Applications and Forms
- Form 100 Rooster Keeping Permit Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 110 Rooster Keeping Permit Student/FFA/4H Exemption Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 120 Rooster Keeping Permit Exemption Application (English)(Spanish)
- Rooster Operation Site Map
- Sample Manure Management Plan
- Sample Pest Management Plan