HOW DO I?
12:00 PMWebinar - Pregnancy-Associated Suicide in California, 2002-2012: Findings from in-depth case reviews and recommendations for prevention
8:00 AMBradley Clean Up
8:00 AMSan Ardo Clean Up
Published on November 09, 2016. Last modified on March 28, 2019
Girls Health in Girls Hands (GHGH) is a girl-led collaborative movement for health empowerment which aims to give girls in Monterey County a voice in shaping their future and an agenda for change.
Our Vision is that all girls in Monterey County will grow up healthy and empowered to be leaders in their communities. We support this movement by adhering to the following beliefs:
- Girls are competent and capable of knowing what information, support and services they need to be healthy.
- Girls need accurate information and affordable access to support and services in order to have healthy, well balanced lives.
- Girls are capable of supporting decision makers in creating informed and effective policy.
- Girls should have a voice at the table in shaping their healthy lives.
- Girls are capable of identifying and building solutions to health issues important to them.
These beliefs guide all GHGH movement efforts by supporting the increase in access to information, resources and tools necessary to address what is most important to girls.
GHGH is a collaborative program of the Monterey County Health Department created by the Women's Fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County. It began in 209 as a girl-led action research project to identify health information, support and services needed by pre-teen and teen girls in Monterey County. Read the Girls Health Action Plan detailing the findings of the 2009 action-research project.