HOW DO I?
Published on November 09, 2016. Last modified on September 30, 2019
Monterey County Office of Public Health Preparedness is engaging in collaborative, community focused emergency health planning to address biological, chemical, radiological, or natural disaster events that result in public health threats or emergencies.
Monterey County Health Department has:
- Effective plans and resources to work with during emergencies to protect the community.
- Developed and maintain public health emergency capacity.
- Coordinated with community, county, state, and federal partners to develop a plan to provide mass prophylaxis and treatment to people in the county.
- Developed the capacity to rapidly identify diseases and initiate prevention and control activities.
- Developed effective, secure communication infrastructure for rapid communication among public health and its partners.
- Developed the capacity to effectively communicate health/risk information to the public and key partners.
- Developed a public health workforce.
- Prepared the community for an emergency.
Monterey - San Benito Healthcare Preparedness Coalition (MSBHPC)
Healthcare providers have joined together to prepare for emergencies that may impact the healthcare system in our area. Regular training and exercises provide opportunities for providers to work together to find gaps in response in order to correct the gaps and strengthen the healthcare response to any emergency.
| Resources for Preparedness and Response
Even a small amount of preparation before an emergency can make a huge difference and can save lives. That is why the Monterey County Health Department's Public Health Preparedness Program is doing its part. We are creating plans, practicing them, and conducting training to better protect the residents of Monterey County.
Preparedness Minutes are short publications to help you prepared your family for emergencies. The topics range from preparing for earthquakes to preparing your family to communicate in the event of a disaster. Publications are available in English and Spanish - Here.
Sign up for Alert Monterey County
Get alerted about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for our Emergency Alert Program. This system enables us to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods.
You will receive time-sensitive messages wherever you specify, such as your home, mobile or business phones, email address, text messages and more. You pick where, you pick how.
Sign up today at www.alertmontereycounty.org
California Disaster Healthcare Volunteers
If you're a healthcare provider with an active license, a public health professional, or a member of a medical disaster response team in California who would like to volunteer for disaster service, Disaster Healthcare Volunteers is for you.