County of Monterey
BUILD - CONNECT - GROW
Our mission is to provide entry level professionals with internship opportunities that enhance their educational objectives, strengthen career awareness, strategic goals and promote public services for the County of Monterey.
The County of Monterey Internship Program’s goal is to provide an experience for students in which they will gain invaluable skills and knowledge as they continue a path to their professional career. Internships may range from summer to a quarter or semester and up to multiple quarters or semesters. County of Monterey offers paid or unpaid internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students.
- BUILD- Enhance the education and training of students
- CONNECT- Promote awareness about the diversity of County careers that serve the community
- GROW- Strengthen recruitment of a future County workforce
WHY APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP WITH COUNTY OF MONTEREY
Participants in our internship program will be able to:
- Gain professional competencies and self-confidence
- Explore possible career opportunities
- Gather insight into the public service industry
- Meet local elected officials
- Receive educational credits (under the discretion of the educational institution)
- Establish connections and build a network of contacts
Internships opportunities are available for students currently enrolled in college / university and recent professional graduates. Internships can be paid or unpaid depending on the nature of the project and available department resources.