(Automated Sign-Up System)
This agreement is displayed in English and Spanish and must be accepted before logging into a library computer that is managed by the Monterey County Free Libraries' automated computer sign-up system.
Computer Use Acceptance Page;
This computer is filtered to comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act. Computer users who are 17 years of age or older may ask staff to remove the filter in order to access information that does not break federal, state or local laws and is for legitimate research needs.
Users must abide by MCFL's Internet and Computer Policy,Library Behavior Policy, and Internet Safety and Computer Use Companion Document. A summary of those policies is provided below; please ask staff for the Computer Use Policy Binder to review the full-text of policies in English or Spanish.
Summary of User Responsibilities
- Use at your own risk. MCFL cannot guarantee confidentiality and privacy when accessing the Internet on Library premises or working on Library computers. MCFL cannot guarantee that the filter will block all inappropriate websites.
- Do not share information that could threaten or create vulnerability for you or any person or the Library.
- Do not use Library computers to engage in any unlawful activities.
- Respect copyright and licenses to programs and data (US Code Title 17).
- Do not install personal software on Library computers. Do not modify Library software or hardware or change computer settings.
- Hacking will not be tolerated. You may lose Library privileges and face criminal prosecution.
- Protect your privacy. Logout of all personal accounts before the end of your session.
- Save files to your own device. Do not save files to the hard drive.
- Respect other users' privacy, rights and comfort. Harassment will not be tolerated.
- Maintain appropriate behavior in the Library at all times.
The MCFL website has age-appropriate web pages for kids and teens. Parents should review these pages and Internet safety practices with their children to support the Library's objective of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for minors using the Internet. Parents should not assume that library filters will block all inappropriate websites.
By clicking the "Accept" button you are agreeing to abide by the terms of MCFL's policies.