The Veterans Resource Center
The Veterans Resource Center at the MCFL King City Branch was established through a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian. Staffed by volunteers, is dedicated to helping veterans and their families connect with the benefits they have earned through their years of service and sacrifice. Trained volunteers at each station provide assistance connecting veterans to resources both in and outside of the Library. Access to library materials and pamphlets on various topics including: transitioning from military to civilian life, finding jobs, surviving change, veterans’ benefits and managing post-traumatic stress disorder.
If you’re a service member in crisis or know a service member who is, confidential support at Veterans Crisis Line is only a phone call, click or text away - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call 800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1 or text 838255.
We are available to assist you at the library in person or over the phone at 831-385-3677
every Friday from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
KING CITY BRANCH LIBRARY
402 Broadway Avenue
King City, CA 93930
Computer and wi-fi access is also available at all MCFL locations.
VetNow from Brainfuse offers free, live, online academic and job assistance for veterans transitioning to civilian life. Services include: resume review, job interview coaching, standardized test practice, live academic tutoring, eligible VA benefits and community resources. Live chat service is offered from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM PST daily.
- California Veterans Resource Book
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors, 2018
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors, 2018 - Spanish
- FAQs for Veterans
- VA Welcome Guide (pdf)
- VRC - Veterans Resource Center
- CCVCF - Central Coast Veterans Cemetery Foundation
- Monterey CBOC - VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Veterans Transition Center of Monterey County
- Housing Resource Center of Monterey County
- 2-1-1 | United Way Monterey County
- One Stop Career Center of Monterey
- Salinas Social Security Administration Office
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists Inc.
- Monterey County Military & Veterans Affairs Office
- Monterey County Superior Court Treatment Court
- Veteran ID Card - Apply for a printed Veteran ID Card
- Veteran Designation on California Driver License and ID Card
- Financial literacy resources available for veterans and service members
- Military Online Handbooks
- PTSD: National Center for PTSD
- Health Care Benefits Overview, Vol 1. Department of Veterans Affairs. U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO)
- California Department of Mental Health/Resources for Veterans
- California Military and Veterans Code
- MyCalVet - Create an account to receive targeted benefit information sent to you based on your personal preferences. Discover the state and federal benefits you may be entitled to receive and how to claim them. 1-800-952-5626 1-877-741-8352
- National Archives - Get your DD-214
- National Resource Directory - Connecting warriors, service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers with those who support them
- Consumer Financial Information for Veterans
- Make the Connection - Shared experience & support for veterans
- Nuclear Weapons Testing and Depleted Uranium
- Social Security Benefits for disabled military personnel and their family members
- Find jobs in the federal government. Many veterans already have security clearances and technical skills required for some government positions.
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - Connects veterans with local shelters and resource centers across the country.
- Housing Choice Vouchers and Rental Assistance - Assistance for low-income or impoverished families in finding rental homes or housing under the HUD program.
- Veterans Exemption (California State Board of Equalization) - Eligible veterans receive an exemption on all or part of their property taxes.