- Books DVDs, CDs, newspapers & magazines for all ages.
- Downloadables audiobooks, and ebooks
- Public computers with internet, microsoft suite, copy, scan, fax, and print
- Free wireless internet access.
- Programs and events for children and adults and much more.
- Local Friends group: Friends of the Aromas Library
About Aromas Branch
Aromas is a small community that straddles the boundary between Monterey and San Benito counties. The name Aromas is derived from the land grant Aromitas y Agua Caliente (little odors and warm water – refers to sulphur water). As with so many Monterey County place names, the Post Office had a bit to do with the final choice of names. Apparently, the Post Office preferred Aromas to Aromitas simply because it was a shorter name!
The Aromas Branch of the Monterey County Free Library System began service March 30, 1914, at 365 Blohm Avenue. On July 1, 1967, the Library moved to its location at the corner of Carpenteria and Blohm, at the Firehouse, in a former classroom.
Statistical Summary ( January 1, 2018 – Dececember 31, 2018 )
Estimated Population: 2,650
Library service provided since March 30, 1914.
Square Footage: 1000