- Books DVDs, CDs, newspapers & magazines for all ages.
- Downloadables audiobooks, and ebooks
- Public computers with internet, microsoft suite, scan, copy, fax, and print
- Public meeting rooms(s) reservation at the library front desk or online
- Free wireless internet access.
- Programs and events for children and adults and much more.
About Soledad Branch
The city of Soledad was established by Catalina Manzaneli de Munrás in 1873. She named the township Soledad in honor of the brave padres who had founded the mission across the river. The mission was named honoring Nuestra Señora de la Soledad (Our Lady of Solitude). The town was incorporated May 9, 1921.
The Soledad Library was established on March 8, 1915, and the current library was opened in 1999 next to the new Soledad Unified School District High School on Gabilan Street.
Statistics Summary (January 1, 2018-December 31, 2018):
Estimated Population: 26,273
The Soledad Library was affiliated with MCFL on March 8, 1915 and was known as the "Reading Room". It was moved to its present location next to the Soledad District High School in 1999.