The Resource Management Agency (RMA) has developed an Operations/Business Plan for Lake San Antonio and Lake Nacimiento based on how Monterey County has chosen to operate these facilities. Monterey County Board of Supervisors expressed an intent to transition all management at Lake San Antonio (LSA) to the County while Lake Nacimiento (Nacimiento) would continue to operate under a third-party agreement. The County would retain responsibility for capital improvements at both facilities under this option.
Draft Lakes Operation Plan/Public Comment Period
RMA has drafted a Plan based on this direction that is now available. Comments are welcome through the public review process.
Please direct all comments and inquiries to:
Karina Bokanovich, Management Analyst I
Phone: (831) 796-3009
Community outreach efforts have been, will be, conducted during the development process of this plan:
- February 19, 2019 Community Meeting: Initial community meeting in Lockwood, CA to obtain input on future potential uses and events at LSA. Input obtained from that public forum is incorporated within the draft plan, under the “Community Outreach” section as Appendix A.
- March 21, 2019 Community Meeting: A second public forum to present the draft Plan. Some feedback was received. Below is the presentation that provided at the meeting.
- April 4, 2019 Parks Commission: Public meeting to consider the Draft Plan and make a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
- April 8, 2019 Capital Improvement Committee: Public meeting to consider the Draft Plan and make a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors on capital plans for each facility at the Lakes.
- April 10, 2019 Budget Committee: Public meeting to consider the Draft Plan and make a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors on staffing plans and costs for capital plans at the Lakes.
- Date: TBD 2019 Board of Supervisors: Public meeting to consider the Draft Plan, including staffing and capital plans. The Board will also be presented options for a third-party agreement to consider.