About Monterey County RMA
The Resource Management Agency (RMA) brings together a range of Land Use and Capital services, including Building Services, Planning, Public Works, Facilities, and Parks to ensure reasonable and safe development, plan for the future needs of the County, manage infrastructure and county facilities, and protect natural resources.
RMA Director - Carl P. Holm, AICP
Administrative Services Assistant - Lisa Harris
RMA consists of three Divisions:
Land Use & Community Development Division- Provides management oversight for land use functions within the RMA and coordinates with outside agencies. Includes Building Services, Planning, Permit Center, Development Services, County Surveyor, Environmental Services, Special Programs, Code Compliance, Park Planning.
RMA Deputy Director of Land Use & Community Development - John Dugan, AICP
Administrative Secretary - Melissa McDougal
- Building Services - Provides plan check and inspection services.
Building Official - Joshua Bowling, CBO, CCEO, CISEC
- Code Compliance - Manages code compliance activities relative to land use and public works.Code Compliance Manager - Joshua Bowling, CBO, CCEO, CISEC
- Development Services – Provides services for encroachment permits, transportation permits, film permits, subdivisions, and addressing.
County Surveyor - Michael Goetz, PLS
- Environmental Services - Provides oversight of grading, erosion control, and stormwater management.
Senior Water Resources Hydrologist - Tom Moss, PG, QSD, CFM
- Permit Center – Manages front counter operations, including permit processing. Provides general support services (reception, call center, cashier, records, scanning). Also lead for special event permits. Permit Coordinator - Freda Escobar
- Planning - Provides land use permit services and manages the County's land use policies and regulations.
RMA Planning Manager - Brandon Swanson
RMA Planning Manager - Craig Spencer
Public Works & Facilities Division - Maintains the County's infrastructure including roads, bridges, County facilities, and Parks operations
RMA Deputy Director of Public Works and Facilities - Carl P. Holm, AICP
Administrative Secretary - Melissa McDougal
- Public Works - Manages capital projects for infrastructure (roads and bridges). Include engineering services.
Chief of Public Works – Randell Ishii, M.S., P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer – Enrique M. Saavedra, PE
Senior Civil Engineer – Chad Alinio
Senior Civil Engineer – Jonathan Pascua
Maintenance Manager/Roads & Bridges- Shawn Atkins
- Facilities – Manages capital projects for County facilities and operations.
Chief of Facilities - Lindsey Lerable
Maintenance Manager/Facilities - Mario Salazar
Project Manager III – Florence Kabwasa-Green
- Parks Operations - Manages County park facilities and operations.
Chief of Parks - James Rodems
County Park Ranger Supervisor – Vacant
Operations Manager/Parks - Bryan Flores
- Park Planning – Provides planning services for County Park facilities.
Parks Planning Manager - John Akeman
Special Events Manager, Parks - Shawne Ellerbee
Administrative Services Division - Provides services that support RMA operations.
RMA Deputy Director of Administrative Services - Shawne Ellerbee
Senior Secretary - Rita Hickman
- Finance - Manages RMA budget.
Financial Management/Budget - Jessica Cordiero-Martinez
Financial Management - Lorraine Woodle
Financial Management - Sandra Lance
- Community Service Areas/County Service Districts & Disposal Sites - Manages County’s service areas and special districts.
Special District Manager - Lynette Redman
- Real Property – Provides real property services for County.
Real Property Specialist - George Salcido
- Contracts Management/Grant Admin/CIP - Manages code compliance activities relative to land use and public works.
Contracts Manager - Dalia Mariscal-Martinez
Grants Manager - John Snively
- Human Resources – Coordinates with County HR on matters related to RMA.
Associate Personnel Analyst - Amy Rodriguez
Associate Personnel Analyst - Julie Aulenta
- Safety & Risk Management – Provides training for and oversight of safety regulations. Manages claims for RMA.
RMA Safety Coordinator/Investigator - Vera M. Roper
- Property Administration/Special Programs – Provides contract services that support RMA operations; real property services for the County; and manages special districts and special projects.
Property Administration/Special Programs Manager – Melanie Beretti
County Service Areas/Sanitation Districts/Closed Disposal Sites – Lynette Redman
East Garrison Community Facilities District & Services District – Melanie Beretti
Real Property Specialist – George Salcido
Contracts Management – Dalia Mariscal-Martinez (contracts administration)
Contracts Management – John Snively(grants and capital improvement program administration)
Parks Administration – Dona Luna
The Vision of the Monterey County Resource Management Agency is to enhance the quality of life and economic health of the community by providing responsive, efficient, and high quality public services and to promote good stewardship of natural and man-made resources.
- Honesty, hard work, and ethical behavior
- Transparency and Accountability
- Communication and Coordination with the public and partner agencies
- Empower staff and recognize superior performance
- Equitable treatment and respect of all constituents
- Excellence in service delivery