Resource Management Agency
Public Works & Facilities
Ph: (831) 755-4800
Fax: (831) 757-9516
1441 Schilling Place
2nd Floor -South
Salinas, Ca 93901
Although every effort is made to provide complete and accurate information on this website and all its documents, users are advised to contact applicable County Resource Management Agency staff before making project decisions and fee estimates.
The Facilities Division is responsible for maintaining safe and efficient operation of County buildings and grounds. The division is comprised of five sections:
- Building Maintenance - Completes more than 14,000 service requests annually
and provides preventive maintenance on mechanical systems, back-up
generators and fire suppression systems.
- Facilities Projects - Manages building maintenance and repair projects,
custodial services, parking controls, security and access programs.
- Real Estate Management - Maintains official records of the 109
County-owned facilities totaling more than 2,000,000 sq. ft., and
administers 79 property leases totaling more than 500,000 sq. ft.
- Grounds Maintenance - Maintains over 50 sites including mowing, trimming,
irrigation, pruning, litter control, and special projects such as weed
abatement for fire prevention, and emergency tree clearing.
- Mail & Courier service - Processes more than 1 million pieces of mail annually and provides courier service for more than 130 mail stops.
Service Requests may be submitted using our Service Request Form or by calling the Service Request Phone Line at (831) 755-4744.
Service requests may be used to address issues including but not limited to the following: Repairs to doors, locks, and window security; building environment (HVAC) issues, plumbing or electrical problems, pest control problems; restroom supplies; items to be installed on walls or doors such as pictures, signs, coat hangers; grounds maintenance items such as sprinkler repair, tree, shrub, and lawn trimming.
Urgent Building Maintenance issues should be called in to the Service Request Phone Line for immediate attention.